- Bellview Park this little gem has a petting zoo, a train for rides, 2 play grounds, and, I think the best thing, a very adorable and natural creek that runs through the park for you and your kids to enjoy wading in. The rides and zoo are only $1.75 per ride and visit for each child; children under the age of 2 are free. Address: 5001 S Inca Dr. Littleton, CO 80120
- Centennial Park. This little park sports a terrific splash park that is free (super busy though so get there as early as possible so you can find a place to sit in the shade). Kids don’t need flotation devices due to there being no pool. There is a sand and water feature that combines the best of 2 worlds for kids, climbing structures, slides etc. this little park is perfect for a hot summer day. They even feature family movie nights. Address: 13050 E Peakview Ave. Centennial, CO 80111
- Downtown Aurora Visual Arts. This place is super cool. It is small, features art exhibits by children; including robots made by and invented by children. They have free crafting days twice a week. You can see there schedule for their different events and free craft days at: www.davarts.org. They have won the National Arts and Humanities Youth Program winner. This organization deserves our support, and the quality for youth art, and creation. Address: 1419 Florence St. Aurora, CO 80010
- Jewish Community Center. This recreational facility offers swim lessons, an indoor and outdoor pools, workout rooms, classes, and children’s classes. This is a wonderful community that believes in family. I love the energy of this wonderful little nugget. Address: 350 S. Dahlia, St, Denver, CO 80246
- Denver Public Libraries they aren’t just for reading. Make it a habit to see what activities are going on at your local branches. I’ve been able to take some of my kids to so many learning activities that they have enjoyed. One that stands out is one we went to that featured Owls where they got to look at owls of varied sizes, feel their wings, and watch them fly! This was a great activity.
- Plains Conservation Center this place offers so many evening classes from bats to owls. Even in the winter they take tours of the center while offering a marshmallow roast at the end. Evening tours and classes feel so mystical and you should always check their calendar of upcoming events. Address: 21901 E. Hampden Ave, Aurora CO 80013
- Don’t forget to support our local rec centers too They offer a wide array of activities and classes for families and kids that are pretty inexpensive.
I hope you all enjoy your wonderful summer and these little helpful nuggets of fun things to do that will be fun for you and your family. I love this time of year and I really love finding out of the way places that I can actually enjoy being with the kids without worrying so much about keeping them in view because it is easy to do so. Enjoy and love your family time!