I’ve tried the whole homemade Christmas thing, and I love doing it. I’m pretty creative with these presents like; making homemade raspberry wine and cordials or, for those that don’t drink, a mix of some kind that they can make together with their family, or photographs of family that I took when I was in my 20s, which is eons ago, or even used my artistic abilities to sketch family members (they were pretty good but you never like the way yourself looks so they never found it to the wall which was fine, I kind of figured). Anyway now I’m on a stint of giving to a charity for family members. Last year I gave animals to a 3rd world country. This year I plan on giving to a childhood cancer research program since my little nephew has been diagnosed with leukemia. I feel that I can’t give anyone a FANTASTIC present so I like to give to a charity that can be helped by my small donation. I’m sure that is disappointing too. Should I do anything at all?
I admit that I do love all the Christmas lights in the city, and on the houses. Seeing the lights gives me such joy. They are so warm, and inviting. My heart thrills at the sight of them. I like the feeling of family, friends, and the vision of them enjoying things together. I really love the feeling and energy of children. Their anticipation for this season is so wonderful, and brings back a lot of nostalgia for me. The movie: “A Christmas Story” captures a lot of how I feel both the good and the bad. I suggest everyone to, if they haven’t already, watch this movie.
- How to teach… the countdown to Christmas (theguardian.com)
- Choosing Christmas Cheer: How to Avoid Stress during the Holidays (safeharbor1.wordpress.com)
- Christmas: a Slim Jim story. (bushelofhope.wordpress.com)
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (getyouseen.wordpress.com)
- The Inevitable Christmas Card (spidergirlrose.wordpress.com)
- Fathoming Christmas Spirit. (otrwjam.wordpress.com)
- 25 Days of Christmas… (liveloveanddress.wordpress.com)
- The Christmas Craft Challenge (itshandmadehoney.wordpress.com)
- Happy December! (scottperkinson.wordpress.com)
- DIY Project Ideas: 10 Creative Ways to Dress Up Plain Glass Bulb Ornaments (joindahunt.com)